Some time there is situations at many sites where two points have different ground potentials. Generally such issues are to be tackled at design stage by means of Earth pits. However some there are sites where such issues crop up even in case of well designed systems. They can also create an electric shock hazard or may be source of noise or interference. This situation is called Ground Lift.
Two ground points at different potential can produce a Ground loop. It there is connection between these two points via any equipment , current will flow and if the current is high then may be hazardous
GLP is device which senses leakage voltage between neutral and ground and gives a signal which can be given to relay or contactor to cut off the supply to the system thereby saving it from possible damages.
Technical specifications of GLP
- System Voltage: 230V AC 50Hz
- Supply Voltage range: 130V AC – 270VAC
- Supply Current: < 10mA
- G-N cutoff setting : 4-8V (customizable)
- Auxiliary Supply: Not Required
- Relay Contact: 5A Potential free.
- Relay Modes: Relay On at Reset or Power On Relay Off at Ground Lift
- Reset: Auto Reset
- Indications: Mains On – Green LED Grounded – Red LED
- Mounting: DIN Rail or Chassis Mounting
- Dimensions: 45mm X 76mm X 114mm
- Weight:400gms. (approx)
- Additional protection: Neutral open protection
GLP can be beneficial various areas.
- Medical equipments
- Control panels
- Smart start
- Industrial equipments like CNC machines.
- Automation equipments like PLC panels
- Elevators and Escalator